Java/SWING + VCL / X crasher ...
ignaz.forster at muenchen.de
Thu Nov 29 02:11:39 PST 2012
Am 28.11.2012 19:04, schrieb Andrew Haley:
> I wonder if there's something you've been doing that I haven't.
I don't think I did anything special...
To be sure I reproduced the problem at home (this time with a single
core CPU) using the Fedora Live CD:
- Download 64-bit Fedora 17 KDE Spin
- Boot live CD (had to use base graphics mode on this PC)
- yum install libreoffice-kde libreoffice-writer
- Open Konqueror and download
open file directly with Ark, open WollMux.oxt directly from archive and
confirm installation in LibreOffice
- Close LibreOffice
- Start "libreoffice --writer"
- Click "Tools" -> "Extension Manager..."
- Close dialog
- Click "Tools" -> "Extension Manager..." again
--> Segmentation fault
The segmentation fault happened on every PC I've tried so far, be it
with Java 6 (>=1.6.0_24) or Java 7 (not sure in which version it was
introduced here), Sun/Oracle or OpenJDK, OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice,
booting from hard disk, CD or USB stick and independent of the
The environment variable SAL_SYNCHRONIZE is not set on your PC, is it?
Having it set prevented the crash on some systems, though it didn't seem
to have any effect on Fedora anyway...
More information about the LibreOffice