--disable-ext-pdfimport -> --disable-pdfimport

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 02:45:15 PST 2012

On 11/27/2012 10:25 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/27/2012 09:55 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Unless Tor's BUILD_TYPE != DESKTOP work for Android and iOS would
>> benefit from having xpdf/poppler/PDF Import still buildable
>> conditionally?
>
> Quoting #libreoffice-dev:
>> Nov 27 09:58:48 <tml_> hmm, sberg's question "Unless Tor's BUILD_TYPE
>> != DESKTOP work for Android and iOS would  benefit from having
>> xpdf/poppler/PDF Import still buildable  conditionally?"
>> Nov 27 09:59:06 <tml_> somebody tell me, it is still so that PDF
>> import uses a separate process, right?
>> Nov 27 09:59:22 <sberg> tml_, yes
>> Nov 27 09:59:52 <tml_> ok, then definitely for iOS, presumably for
>> Android, too, no pdf import
>> Nov 27 10:00:16 <tml_> although in theory on some other non-desktop OS
>> running a separate process might be OK
>> Nov 27 10:03:40 <Fridrich> sberg: you can push it into the same module
>> where all the drawing import filters are
>> Nov 27 10:04:12 <Fridrich> sberg: but the problem is that this is
>> needed also for import of "hybrid" pdf if I recall well and it might
>> be indeed needed in core
>> Nov 27 10:04:30 <sberg> tml_, so I'll leave --disable-pdfimport intact
>> for now
>> Nov 27 10:06:54 <tml_> sberg: or maybe make it into a switch that just
>> automatically is turned off for iOS and Android, turned on for other
>> platforms, with no command-line option necessary?
>> Nov 27 10:07:19 <tml_> we have too much pontless optionality when
>> configuring anyway, don't we?
>> Nov 27 10:07:37 <sberg> Fridrich, yeah, it's not only relevant for
>> Draw import, but indeed for all apps -- that's why I added it to the
>> root module in the first place; I guess I'll create a fresh scp2-level
>> module for it, and subsequent packaging mechanisms can then decide for
>> themselves whether to make it an optional module in their packaging
>> system (like Rene will apparently make it an extra deb package, but
>> the Windows msi installer will likely always install it)
>> Nov 27 10:07:45 <tml_> every option doubles the testing space;)
>> Nov 27 10:07:56 <sberg> tml_, yes, even better

So --disable-pdfimport is gone completely with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=79e5ee5f6949f4b8645ef32dba61705d02473c60>
"Isolate PDF Import so it can be made optionally installable."  PDF
Import is built unconditionally for all platforms but Android and iOS
now.  The relevant files are isolated into their own scp2 module now, so
that distros using --with-system-poppler can easily put them into a
distinct package.

Stephan