minutes of ESC call ...

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Nov 30 08:53:30 PST 2012

Mat M píše v Pá 30. 11. 2012 v 01:42 +0100:
> Le Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:20:45 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu>
> a écrit:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 04:45:57PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> >
> >> * Release Engineering update (Petr)
> >> 	+ 4.0 timeline: Monday: feature-freeze ...
> >> 		+ please let Petr know if you're late
> >

> Well, as stated in [1], I could be either late or unstable, whichever you
> prefer
> First goal is to be on-time and /maybe/ unstable.

Heh, shame on me, I do not know what feature you are working on :-)

We want an usable beta1 so that people could test it. Hence, if your
feature affects only limited functionality, do not be afraid to get it
beta1 even when it has bugs. If it affects some core functionality and
is there a risk that some bug could affect most users => break testing,
I would prefer to leave it for beta2.

If you leave it for beta2, please commit it as soon as possible and ask
for testing on the libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org mailing list.
They will be able to use daily builds and catch problems even before
beta2.

Best Regards,
Petr