Drop support for Java 5?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Oct 2 08:38:46 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 15:57 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
> At some point in time, we have to balance the amount of development
> resources we have against the number of people running a particular
> platform.

	True - but is there any real, concrete win to dropping it - beyond not
having to build a single external module, that we already build ? ;-)
Clearly we need a cost/benefit on both sides.

	MacOS PPC is around 0.7% of total downloads, small but not
insignificant - clearly many tens-of-thousands of people are using it.

	ATB,

		Michael.