Minutes of the ESC call 2012-10-04

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sun Oct 7 06:43:10 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 05:58:02PM +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:

> * distro/suse/suse-3.6 branch: input appreciated (Kendy/Michael)

> 	+ lionel: already >2000 tags, who cares about some more
> 	+ resolution: check this in, tags and all
> 	+ clean legacy tags at end of support life if a problem.

I didn't think of one point during the talk: The tags should not be
too generic. Ideally, for example if they all start with a "SuSE"
prefix, that's perfect. The idea is that you should not get into the
way of another distro doing the same thing.

I'd be unhappy with tags such as "libreoffice-3.6.0.2-5", because that
could be the fifth packaging revision of libreoffice 3.6.0.2, for
_any_ distribution.

--
Lionel