[Libreoffice-ux-advise] widget layout, ux love...

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sun Oct 7 16:41:41 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 15:51 -0500, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos wrote:
> I guess we should follow the GNOME HIG’s recommendations for dialogs
> http://developer.gnome.org/hig-book/3.2/design-window.html.en

Sounds perfectly reasonable, added that link now to the wiki page under
guidelines. I'd be very appreciate if someone would take a sample
dialog, e.g. the zoom dialog in cui/uiconfig/ui/zoomdialog.ui and apply
those rules to it.

> — except for the OK/Cancel button order, which should continue as
> is today for Windows users—…

Yeah, button order should be a per-platform thing. I haven't gotten
around to implement that yet, but VclButtonBox in
vcl/source/window/layout.cxx should be tweaked to sort its children in
the platform-preferred ok/cancal/help order. Querying a Window with
GetType() and ordering by WINDOW_OKBUTTON, WINDOW_CANCELBUTTON,
WINDOW_HELPBUTTON etc. should get someone most of the way towards that.

C.