where to change the %version

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Oct 12 02:34:25 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 09:40 +0800, huqitu du wrote:
> I want to change the %version Variable, and whare to find the
> defination?

	%version is an unusual mangling; I think we only use this for
generating RPMs - so git grep is really your friend in this regard:

$ git grep %version
solenv/bin/modules/installer/epmfile.pm:    # %version 2.0
solenv/bin/modules/installer/epmfile.pm:    # This release version has to be listed in the line %version : %version versionnumber releasenumber
solenv/bin/modules/installer/epmfile.pm:    $line = "%version" . " " . $installer::globals::packageversion . "\n";
sysui/desktop/freedesktop/freedesktop-menus.spec:Version: %version
sysui/desktop/mandriva/mandriva-menus.spec:Version: %version
sysui/desktop/mandriva/mandriva-menus.spec:%define menuversion %(echo %version|cut -d'.' -f 1-2)
sysui/desktop/suse/suse-menus.spec:Version: %version

	So it clearly comes from $installer::globals somehow. Of course, the
other way to hunt this down is probably to go top-down instead of bottom
up. All variables from configure are propagated to the code via
config_host.mk (which is generated from the .in by running configure /
autogen.sh).

	There we have things like:

export PRODUCTNAME=LibreOffice
export PRODUCTVERSION=3.7

	Which seems to suggest this is all configureable via configure.

	But of course - I'm no packaging expert.

	Does that help ?

	ATB,

		Michael.