Trying to build on Windows, multiple target patterns

Jeremy Brown jeremy.r.brown at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:40:43 PDT 2012

I'm trying to build LibreOffice on Windows. I tried about a year ago
but gave up because I couldn't figure it out. In the meantime, I set
up a VirtualBox Kubuntu install and was able to build LibreOffice
there. No big deal, but it's the first time I've ever really make'd
something on Linux with LibreOffice's level of complexity.

Anyways, I'm back to trying to build on Windows because I realized
that the thing I'm interested in trying to 'fix' works just fine on
Linux, and the difficulty is Windows-specific, so I really need a
Windows build to test if what I'm doing works or not.

OK, so I've been trying to build LibreOffice on Windows from master
following the directions in the wiki, but I'm having a lot of trouble.
I've tried being as careful as I can getting it all configured right,
but maybe I missed something.

So here are 4 sort of related questions...

My current problem is that I run make and it runs for a while and then
dies in tail_build with an error like this:
D:/Dev/libo/libo/workdir/wntmsci12.pro/Dep/LinkTarget/Library/iacc.lib.d:948:
*** multiple target patterns. Stop.

I saw this pop up a few times too when I was trying to make various
modules independently.. They would die with:
....../LinkTarget/[Static]Library/foobar.lib.d:123: *** multiple
target patterns. Stop.

Does anyone recognize what this could be caused by?

Another question: I'm looking at Tinderbox, and if I'm trying to tell
when a good time to build is, which Windows column should I be looking
at? Also, is there any way to find out what build options (e.g. in
autogen.lastrun) those builds are using, so I could try to copy them?

In my failed build on Windows, can anyone tell me if I should be
concerned about these types of messages which I'm receiving quite a
few of
LinkTarget Library/glib-2.0.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
D:/Dev/libo/libo/solenv/inc/shlinfo.rc(55) : warning RC4003: not
enough actual parameters for macro 'PPSX'
C:/PROGRA~2/MICROS~1.0/VC/include\stdlib.h(772) : warning C4068: unknown pragma
Command line warning D9025 : overriding '/DNOMINMAX' with '/UNOMINMAX'

or this line:
error CS1548: Cryptographic failure while signing assembly
'd:\Dev\libo\libo\workdir\wntmsci12.pro\CliLibraryTarget\cli_basetypes.dll'
-- 'Error reading key file
'D:\\Dev\\libo\\libo\\solver\\wntmsci12.pro\\bin\\cliuno.snk' -- The
system cannot find the file specified. '

Finally, in tandem, I'm looking into the idea of cross compiling a
Windows binary from Kubuntu (or whatever) based on the information
here: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Ploum

Is this a valid route for hacking on and testing a Windows build? Can
I build and then copy files over to a Windows machine and run
LibreOffice there?

Thanks for any pointers anyone could provide.

Jeremy