Docx, Odt to Text

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Mon Oct 15 23:58:37 PDT 2012

Hi Karthik,

On Tue, 2012-10-16 at 10:46 +0530, Karthik Raj wrote:
> Can someone tell me in which part of the source code does the
> conversion from docx and odt to text file takes place ( save as text
> ) ?  I need to know how the conversion occurs.

Your question sounds like containing several ones to me. First there is
no place where the conversion from a format to another happens, it's a
sequence of:
  * Import via a filter (read)
  * Layout
  * Export via another filter (save)

As for the filters code (which is what you seem to want):
  * docx and rtf import is located in the whole writerfilter module (and
bits in oox)
  * doc import is located in sw/source/filter/ww8/ww8par*.{h,c}xx
  * docx, rtf, doc export is located in sw/source/filter/ww8
  * odt import and export is split between the xmloff module and
sw/source/filter/xml
  * export as ascii text happens in
sw/source/filter/ascii/wrtasc.{h,c}xx and
sw/source/filter/ascii/ascatr.cxx

I hope this will answer your question.

--
Cedric