Error on rebuild in Windows "cp: missing destination file operand after"

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 01:50:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 09:32:20AM +0100, Flavio Moringa wrote:
> I guys,
>
> I've done a successful build on windows just to test... It went fine (after
> a hard fight ;-))
>
> Now I've changed some things on the autogen (for instance change languages
> from "en-US pt" to just "en-US") and re-run it and also changed the product
> name on "*instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst*" and now everytime it gets
> to the tail_buil if fails doing the extensions in the OXT... it fails in
> every extension with this:
>

> Basically it seems that in the command:
> "cp  $W/Extension/report-builder/root"
>  it's missing the first operand....
>
> Can someone help me finding what's worng.. is there some environment
> variable that went missing? Where dows this "cp" command line commes from
> so that I can try to see what should be there (I didn't found it)?

It is a use case that nobody has ever tried before, because en-US is the
default language. The line comes from solenv/gbuild/ExtensionTarget.mk
and the missing argument(s) is a list of files based on $(gb_WITH_LANG),
but _without_ en-US. Since $(gb_WITH_LANG) contains _nothing but_ en-US
in your case, there are no files to copy...

D.