3.6.2

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 21:59:56 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 03:58:42PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thread started on tdf discuss list that is asking why 3.6.2 isn't showing
> here: http://www.libreoffice.org/download

I think we only show the version that is officially recommended. We do
not offer automatic update to 3.6.x yet, either.

> It's still only showing on the pre-release page. It was my understanding
> that 3.6.2 is final.

It is. We are at 3.6.3 RC1 now.

> Also is it correct that we had 3.6.2.1 RC and now it's 3.6.2.2 final? There
> is no 3.6.2.0 release? Just trying to understand the naming convention.

The numbering of RCs starts with .1. The last RC (typically RC2 -> .2)
is exactly equivalent to the final release--we just copy the files to a
different directory on the download site. So, for 3.6.2, we had:
- 3.6.2.1 (RC1)
- 3.6.2.2 (RC2)
  -> this later become 3.6.2.2 (final)

D.