Change in core[master]: fdo#55034 Update default Hebrew font from Lucida Sans to Luc...

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Oct 19 08:25:38 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 15:27 +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> (replying to the list, as I don't think gerrit is the right platform
> for discussions about patches)

Yup, it is a bit strange. I think that you could press the "Review"
button and just leave the comment. Well, you can't do inline comments
this way.

> Hi Petr,
>
> I've done the patch in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/883 to be as
> minimal as possible.
>
> I guess that it's indeed an unneeded repetetion, but as it appear
> about 100 times in the same file (and effect different languages), I
> would prefer to leave removing the condensed form to another change.

I see the following:

$> grep lucidasansunicode officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/VCL.xcu
3
$> grep "Lucida Sans Unicode"
officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/VCL.xcu | wc -l
68

=> "Lucida Sans Unicode" is used many times and "lucidasansunicode" only
3 times.

You could see that "lucidasansunicode" is used only in the second part
of the VCL.xcu file where you define substitutes for particular fonts.
Only this second part uses the lowercase-condensed font names.

=> I still think that you should use only the normal font name (Lucida
Sans Unicode) in the first part where you define fonts for each locale.

> If someone has any other clean up for
> officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/VCL.xcu let me know, and I'll
> be happy to do them.

I am not aware of any planed clean up. Well, it would be great to rework
the code and use the same font names everywhere and avoid the confusion.

Best Regards,
Petr