submodules issue on cygwin

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Oct 23 03:19:38 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 10:46 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> > /cygdrive/d/src/libo//translations/Module_translations.mk: No such file or
> > directory
> > Makefile:17: *** Corrupted module target stack! .  Stop.
> had the same problem yesterday, problem was that there were no files
> checked out in the sub-repos.

	Right - the basic problem is that the git submodules support does not
fail hard when we fail to check that stuff out. Instead it prints an
anaemic warning of the form:

	"failed to checkout submodule baa"

	And continues on it's merry way - leaving a disaster error message for
the poor builder later ;-)

	IMHO we should fail early, hard, and with a message saying: "try
disabling translations" or somesuch ;-) but I havn't got to a patch for
that yet.

	ATB,

		Michael.