Daily builds for Debian

Lior Kaplan kaplanlior at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:07:52 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu>wrote:

> 2) ./autogen.sh with --with-package-format="deb rpm"
>
> Thorsten? Would you consider doing that? I don't think it will make
> the build significantly longer.

I've noticed that the Fedora 17 machine has started to build packages also
for Debian. Thank you very much for the change.

But one problem is that the Debian environment is different from the Fedora
one. After trying to complete most of the dependencies manually (e.g.
libpng) I've stopped when I got a libc differences (2.13 vs 2.15). This
prevents from using these builds to be installed on a Debian machines
(testing/unstable).

I would be happy to have a native debian setup, in the style of the pre
releases which are great. I'll of course be happy to help with setting this
kind of solution.

Kaplan