want to contribute

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Oct 31 11:06:40 PDT 2012

Hi Rizwan,

	It'd be great to have you involved with LibreOffice :-)

On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 01:23 +0530, Rizwan Alam wrote:
> I want to contribute to libreoffice how ever i do not have experience.
> I am a bit confused. I was thinking about doing testing can any one
> help me out.

	So the best place to get help interactively is #libreoffice-dev on
irc.freenode.net - you'll need an IRC client (or there are some web
ones).

	Then - I'd pick an easy-hack to get going on:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks_by_required_Skill

	While the code builds (which takes several hours) it's very useful to
do bug triage:

	http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugTriage

	Checking & confirming bugs & moving them to the 'NEW' state, or marking
them as duplicates.

	Help much appreciated !

	All the best,

		Michael.