Switch Windows to MinGW [was: Minutes of the ESC call 2012-08-30]

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Sep 4 05:20:54 PDT 2012

Hi Lionel,

Lionel Elie Mamane píše v Ne 02. 09. 2012 v 09:38 +0200:

> > * Pending Action Items
> >     + 4.0 issues (Everyone)
> >         + everyone interested in cleanups - claim your work until next ESC!
> >             + http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4
> >         * review: Windows release binaries produced using MinGW
>
> Generally, as a developer, I'd love that, because more familiar tools,
> etc.

For the release builds, we are not there yet, I am afraid.

But for development, it works reliably enough; meaning whenever I need
to implement something Windows-only, I do that on Linux via
cross-compiling.  [Only from time to time, installation issues appear,
like the recent missing nss/nspr.]

All the best,
Kendy