How to allow .cpp suffix for gbuild ?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 08:58:01 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 15:57 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=38cc4f7fdee8f673a2b97ff7665941f83d3775a2
> because in boost, there are ~4000 .cpp files and we need to use 4 of them.
> So I thought it's silly to rename them just because we use .cxx suffix.
>
> But my commit does not seem to work reliably.
> http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1346617801.8957
> Caolán had to do make clean in his box I guess ?

Well, that works perfectly find from scratch. FWIW I just run the
incremental build bot to try and isolate the cases where our
dependencies don't work on rebuilds. It doesn't mail anyone else apart
from me, but does raise the question of having dependencies on the
makefiles themselves I suppose. Probably an unpopular idea if everyone's
tree is effectively auto make cleaned if someone adds a line to the
toplevel makefiles.

C.