Triage Project Update

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:05:02 PDT 2012

I agree that FDO has some benefits but the limitation is really that
each user is needed to query every time,  the possibility of overlap is
great, and no one is really responsible for an individual bug until the
query is made and someone takes the time to look into it. I'm not sure
if others would agree but it seems like having a "group" of 50 or so and
being able to just do those at your convenience makes people more likely
to help and feel like their is an end in sight for "their portion". This
is vs. just seeing a never ending list from FDO or even having to
"teach" new users (or even not new users) exactly what to search for
every time with FDO.

Similar to how developers assign themselves bugs and then can just go
look at their own bugs ("My Bugs") it would be nice to have this ability
for QA triagers but have it somewhat automated since it's just triaging,
not programming. In the long run (once we're through the back log of
650+ that are really old), it would be amazing if we had a team of QA
staff that signed up to have bugs "auto assigned" to them for triaging.
What I imagine:

QA triagers "sign up" for components they are willing to triage and
their "max" load
New bug is reported, if the bug has a component listed the bug gets
"auto assigned" for triaging purposes according to some rule(s)

For now the google docs works, FDO does not as it is now but I'll
discuss this further with Bjoern, Petr & Rainer to see if we can come up
with something more functional than the chaos that is FDO :) Or maybe
I'm just not familiar enough with FDO to really feel comfortable myself
with it, this is more likely than not true :)

Best Regards,
Joel