Impress Remote / dbus

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Sep 5 04:08:19 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 11:30 +0200, Andrzej J. R. Hunt wrote:
> I've ported my code to dbus-glib now (wrapped in ENABLE_DBUS) -- for
> the moment I don't think it's too critical to have dbus enabled, but
> would be nice to have for 3.7.

	Makes sense I think :-) Of course, if you really want to have fun; and
given that this is only for one or two methods, we could perhaps use
libdbus directly - it has a very static/stable ABI and has been around
~forever. We could also dlopen / wrap that in extremis I suppose.

> I've found that the other code using dbus
> ( vcl/unx/gtk/window/gtkframe.cxx ) spits out:

	Oh - that's annoying; we should prolly just stop those arriving.

> (Presumably since I'm on kde.)

	But using the gtk+ theming under KDE ?

>  I'm not building with any of the debug options (I only have debug=t
> for sd). Would it not be more appropriate to use g_debug rather than
> g_warning for these messages, as currently they'll appear on any
> system that doesn't have gnome?

	Seems reasonable to me ;-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.