JAXTHelper vs LibXSLTTransformer, which one is preferred?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 05:27:49 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 08:15 +0200, Peter Jentsch wrote:
> JAXTHelper is not going away in the near future, as it provides support
> for XSLT 2.0, which is not going to appear in libxslt any time soon.

Do any of our bundled xslt filter things make use of the JAXTHelper
stuff. I mean, "out of the box" is there anything we have that requires
the saxon-based stack ? I'm wondering about the theoretical possibility
of splitting that saxon-based stuff out as an optional standalone
extension that gets distributed from our extensions repository rather
than built-in.

C.