JAXTHelper vs LibXSLTTransformer, which one is preferred?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 07:42:25 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 10:19 +0200, David Tardon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 03:18:36PM +0200, Peter Jentsch wrote:
> > Splitting the Saxon stuff should be possible and has been one of the goals of the libxslt port. I haven't tested that, though.
>
> I tried to do the first step--building the java transformer as an
> extension--a couple of weeks ago ... I am going to give it
> another try soon.

ah!, shiny. That saxon really bugs me as it's an out of date version,
but later versions can't be used because they miss the required
features.

> Anyway, I think there are going to be code changes needed. Some problems
> that need to be addressed: the XSLT filter configuration dialog allows
> to say that the java transformer should be used. But what if it is not
> available? (Disable the config. item? But the filter will not work...)
> What if it _had been_ available and was uninstalled later? (Revert to
> the default transformer and let the filter just bail out with an error
> if used? Or disable the filter--if that is even possible with the
> current API?)

Disable the config, revert to default if custom is unavailable throw an
error dialog up with the link to the extensions page for the split off
extension I suppose.

C.