Question about fdo#45702 - UI: RTL Direction and Asian Text orientation buttons can not be hidden

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Sep 6 08:58:14 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 12:08 +0000, Manal M. Alhassoun wrote:
> I'm currently looking at bug #45702 (1).

	Great :-) it's an interesting choice of bug.

> Since LibreOffice intended to work this way, put these buttons on
> "Visible Buttons" and "Customize Toolbar" make no sense.

	I guess so.

> I'm wondering if we can solve this by just remove them from  "Visible
> Buttons" and "Customize Toolbar".

	Might solve it; I'm not so convinced that not allowing the user to hide
them is not the real bug - but fixing it in either way would be fine I
suspect :-)

> The reason that makes me ask this question is that this bug is exists
> since the OpenOffice (2).

	Ah - there are plenty of these around.

> and I'm sure that several solutions were proposed to deal with this
> bug since then and my suggested solution maybe

	In general, I'd suggest you do what you think best and looks easiest /
cleanest in the code :-) if it's a really tricky one good to ask the
libreoffice-ux-advise at lists.freedesktop.org list - but they have some
more meaty things to worry about just now :-)

> So, should I go for this solution or it's not an appropriate?

	Go for it - I look forward to the patch :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.