make_installer 'touching' files in solver ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 09:15:17 PDT 2012

On 08/27/2012 08:53 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> So looks like instsetoo_native still strips libraries, and does so
> in-place in the solver.  (I at least lost track of the "when and what to
> srip" discussion we had not too long ago.)

This was due to epm unconditionally being called without -g ("Don't
strip executables in distributions").
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2ad7f82e4af8a894b42157ccaabfeb90870d080f>
"Prevent epm from stripping unless explicitly requested" fixes that.

However, one consequence of that fix is that "proper" installation sets
(generated from --enable-epm builds in insetsetoo_native) are now always
non-stripped (as the only case where make_installer.pl is called with
-strip is from top-level "make install-strip" AFAIU), where before they
were always stripped.  I have lost overview whether that matches
expectations of people producing such installation sets (for
<http://www.libreoffice.org/download/> etc.).

Stephan