[Libreoffice-qa] How Can I Provide More Info For Developers

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:11:57 PDT 2012

On 09/07/2012 11:47 PM, julien2412 wrote:

Just to add my support for Julien's request :

> But:
> Main (all?) Linux distributions provide the LO symbols package so you don't
> need to build LO to retrieve useful bt.

And for Mac too please :-)

It always seems to me to be such a pointless exercise running gdb as a
QA member against daily builds that have no symbols.

If the project devs want more QAers to test the daily builds and produce
backtraces, then we need those symbols. Expecting QAers to have their
own build environments is just asking too much for most people who do QA
as spare time filler.

Alex