not delivering cairo on mac os x build

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 05:45:13 PDT 2012

On 09/09/12 11:41, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
> Il 09/09/2012 08:44, Tor Lillqvist ha scritto:

>> Now, clearly on OS X or Windows there is then no benefit at all in a LO
>> built with --enable-headless, as the GUI bits of the OS are not "optional"
>> and always present.
>
> I agree, but being ingenuous i thought that OS X would be enough unix we
> can build the headless vcl code instead of the aqua code. Building
> something you can install with brew / macports / whatever.

well there are some things that are probably done in a system dependent
manner that are quite important, such as enumerating and accessing
system fonts (possibly even rendering fonts, though i don't actually
anything about VCL so will stop speculating here).

> But really if
> that would require lot of time and pain i'll just add an error in
> configure for these platforms.

that sounds like a good approach :)

>> (That the --headless LO option, which is not related to the
>> --enable-headless configure option, might not work on the Mac, is another
>> thing. Having that fixed would be good.)
>
> I don't think i have even tried that :)

it would be really good if somebody fixed that on Mac, as currently lots
of unit tests are disabled on Mac because they pop up annoying windows;
would be great if we could run these on Mac as well.