Selection of dictionaries per installation

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 08:53:33 PDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 05:09 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
> 2012/9/10 Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>:
>> On 08/30/2012 01:16 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>>> PS1: The way dictionaries "related" to a given locale are determined
>>> appears to be the the list at
>>> setup_native/source/packinfo/spellchecker_selection.txt.  That's why the
>>> en-US base installation set for Linux and Mac OS X contains dict-en,
>>> dict-es, and dict-fr, for example.  However, an apparent inconsistency
>>> is that langpack_de only contains dict-de, and not also dict-fr and
>>> dict-it, as that list would suggest.
>>
>> Looks like that spellchecker_selection.txt (aka SPELLCHECKERFILE,
>> instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst) is only consulted when creating "base"
>> installation sets, not when creating langpacks (whether or not that's by
>> design or by mistake).
>
> I think it is by design. It would not be good, when different
> langpacks wanted to install the same dictionary. Package conflict
> would occur.

But wouldn't there already be a conflict between the "base" (en-US)
installation set providing dict-fr and the fr langpack providing dict-fr
too, then?

I think there's no package conflict involved here, anyway, as the
various installation sets ("base," langpacks) are simply collections of
(rpm etc.) packages, and no problem should arise if a single package is
contained in multiple such collections.

Stephan