Need help with makefiles

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:31:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 10 September 2012 14:31,  <zolniatamas at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
> define gb_ConcatPo
> echo "" > $(2)
> $(foreach lang,$(filter-out en-US,$(gb_WITH_LANG)), $(shell cat
> $(gb_POLOCATION)/$(lang)/$(1) >> $(2) && printf "\n" >> $(2)))
> endef
>
> then the function will return with an empty file, as if foreach had no
> effect.

You probably don't want to use $(shell ..).
The command in there is executed first, when make is expanding
gb_ConcatPo I guess.
If you remove the shell it could +- work.
Better to send more next time, like, how do you use it,.. if it does not work.

I am always experimenting when hacking makefiles.
HTH,

Matus