fdo#47907: fix flickering scrolling in Basic IDE

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Wed Sep 12 01:20:49 PDT 2012

On 11/09/12 16:24, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 15:31 +0100, Noel Power wrote:
>
>> seems to work better :-), imho still is not as smooth as 3.4
> So the summary here is that the patch got pushed, but the bug is still
> open because it's better, but not as good as it originally was, right ?
>
> C.
no not quite, iirc the patch I mentioned ( removal of an invalidate )
restores behaviour to what it was before and no need for the new patch.
However I can't remember that I committed that or not :-( ( I will check
) I was unsure about the original patch. The confusing thing here is
that I mentioned an additional problem ( that is only visible in the
number gutter window thingy ) where the scroll behaviour is not great
either. I will close the bug and or commit the fix ( if it isn't already
there )
thanks for the remind

Noel