Build failure in cairo on OSX 10.8

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Sep 12 06:54:16 PDT 2012

> I wonder if you are (unintentionally) building 64-bit code? There
> might well be some bug in the configure.in, so that when you
> pre-define CC as just "clang", then the option that tells it to
> generate 32-bit code doesn't get used.

Furthermore, you pre-defined CC but not CXX, so it is possible that
for C code, you are generating 64-bit code, but for C++ code,
configure.in has chosen a CXX to generate 32-bit code. Or some other
incompatibility between C and C++ code. I'd recommend to just leave
out any CC and CXX assignments from the autogen.lastrun. The intent
(for MacOSX, LInux, WIndows at least, to the best of my knowledge) is
that by default, the "right" compiler to use will be chosen
automatically.

--tml