Impress Remote: Bluetooth on Windows

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Thu Sep 13 12:29:54 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Impress Remote now supports Bluetooth on windows (currently only using
the Microsoft Bluetooth stack) -- thanks to tml for pointing out why the
headers I needed were breaking. (Control over wifi/network also works on
windows -- the dialog which previously didn't work has started
functioning, although I don't know why it previously didn't work /
haven't made any changes to it.)

Connection-wise that means only Mac support needs looking at: assuming
osl Sockets work as expected control over wifi/network should function,
and assuming unix sockets with multicast also work then discovery should
be functional too. Bluetooth will require a platform-specific
implementation -- is this suitable as an easyhack?

(At the moment I'm working on polishing the UI of the app and making it
consistent across android versions.)

Cheers,

Andrzej