Regression in isHidden-Property of Frames

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Thu Sep 13 10:05:58 PDT 2012

Andor E wrote:
> During these tests we found a change in the behaviour of the
> isHidden-Property of frames.
> We're using a com.sun.star.document.XEventListener to listen to the
> onViewCreated-Event. We then test, if the document is visible, and
> only then WollMux will process the document.
> In OOo 3.2.1 a new document created with File/New would have isHidden
> == false. In LO the document now returns isHidden == true.
> I have searched in the sources of LO and found a change in
> ./framework/source/services/frame.cxx. This was introduced with the
> commit 	74ffe76476d5b8941454a2acce569737237fc1d7.
> I believe that this change is wrong and should be reverted. Before the
> change isHidden represented the intended state of a frame. A document
> that was openened hidden, returned hidden. A document opened visible
> returned not hidden. Now it will always return isHidden == true. If
> this isn't changed back,  there needs to be another property to check
> the intended visibilty.

Hi Andor,

hmmm - so the change should *only* affect the timing of returning
the intended value, not the ultimate correctness. If you look at how
m_bIsHidden is treated inside framework/source/services/frame.cxx,
it will eventually get set to false, when the window is _really_
visible. I suspect this is just a timing issue, any chance to check
the state in a later event?

HTH,

-- Thorsten