[PUSHED: 3-6] fdo#54450 install evolution datasource driver

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 09:29:01 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 04:22:02PM +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/9/14 David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com>:
> > Hi,

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> This patch caused a problem in Windows installer. Now there is an empty
> >> feature (GNOME Integration) which is selected for installation by
> >> default. Users find this confusing. It is a Linux-only feature, isn't it?
> >
> > Are you sure the problem is in this patch? The (optional) module Gnome
> > should only be added into the install script if at least one of
> > $(ENABLE_EVOAB2) $(ENABLE_GCONF) $(ENABLE_GNOMEVFS) $(ENABLE_GIO)
> > $(ENABLE_GTK) $(ENABLE_GTK3) is TRUE, which should not happen on
> > Windows, I think? (Actually, the files in scp2/source/gnome are not even
> > processed unless the same condition holds.) Could you check if
> > workdir/wnt*/ScpTarget/scp2/source/gnome exists and contains any files
> > on the Windows build? And if it does, could you check that all of the
> > aforementioned variables are either empty or FALSE in config_host.mk?
> >

> ENABLE_GTK=TRUE. But it is true, that your patch is unrelated. I need
> to investigate further.

Ah, so we clearly need a better mechanism to select VCL plugins that can
be built on a given platform. Currently, --enable-gtk is on by default
independent of the platform, so it is set even on Windows or MacOS X,
where it has no sense. Of course, it has not had any visible effect till
now :-)

I am going to fix it over the weekend. But in case the fix does not get
into 3.6 branch in time, a simple workaround is to add --disable-gtk to
the configuration for Windows and MacOS X builds.

D.