build failure after libcmis update

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 10:48:25 PDT 2012

On 14/09/12 19:24, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 09/14/2012 05:19 PM, David Tardon wrote:
>> Note: This might be a bit harder to achieve for unzip: the equivalent
>> option is -D, but I am not sure it is supported everywhere. In
>> particular, I know that -DD (which extends the modification time change
>> to directories as well) does not work on MacOS X, because I had used it
>> in solenv/gbuild/UnpackedTarball.mk orginally and had to throw it out,
>> because the MacOS tinderbox(es) were unhappy about it. Could someone try
>> if plain -D works?
>
> No, at least Mac OS X 10.7.4 /usr/bin/unzip ("UnZip 5.52 of 28 February
> 2005, by Info-ZIP") does not know -D.

we already require zip 3.0 for gbuild, which doesn't ship with MacOS X
(at least not with the versions that were current when i looked at this
problem early last year), so requiring a less outdated (2005? isn't
Apple supposed to ship only the most innovative products?) unzip sounds
fine to me.

i wonder, though, whether external build systems generally cope with
having the timestamps mangled: what happens when the Makefile.in happens
to end up with older timestamp than Makefile.am, would that kind of
thing trigger spurious rebuilds?