Attention Committers with feature/branches. Make sure you don't lose important work

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 10:53:27 PDT 2012

Dear Committers,

As you know we switched our 'primary' git repo from Freedesktop to gerrit.
Now freedesktop is a read only replicate of the repos hosted in gerrit.

But this is still not a full replication because there exist
feature/branch on freedesktop that are not known to gerrit.
Right know things get 'added' to freedesktop from gerrit, but never
deleted... on the long run that will become problematic... So:

Please check

the list of branches known to gerrit
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=heads

and the list of branch on fdo:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/refs/?h=feature/remote

any branch on the later that is not in the former will get deleted
once I activate the full-replication mode.
so If you want to conserve it you need to explicitly  push that
feature/branch to gerrit.

Norbert