sal/config.g sal/types.h and sal/osl/rtl includes in general

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Sep 17 05:37:43 PDT 2012

On Monday 17 of September 2012, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:27 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>
wrote:
> > and for another,
> > I think there currently is nothing in config.h that makes it extremely
> > problematic if it happens to not be included first thing into some
> > compilation unit
>
> That is a flaw, when you want a heder to be first, you got to make
> sure that you can't forget about it :-)
>
> >, so enforcing it by modifying hundreds of files probably is
> > not worth it right now.)
>
> Well, it is like saying... we have thousand of warnings... so
> contemplating -WError is not worth it...
> that is a self-fullfilling prophecy...

 I admit I have no idea what this dicussion is actually about, but I think
that all compilers we support have some kind of -D for globally introducing a
#define and -include for #include at the beginning of files.

> > I could understand the desire for some lo.h from the point of view of
> > performance (though the relevant sub-headers will probably manage to stay
> > in main memory anyway)

 And this, I think, is called either precompiled headers, or smart compiler,
neither of which need to be reinvented.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz