FDO Permissions

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 08:56:35 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I know that this is a touchy subject and needs a lot of discussion but, how
difficult is it to make it so you need permissions to change priority and
severity of a bug? My goal is to at least "kind of" deal with priorities in
the coming months but it's pretty much impossible if a regular user can go
in and set a bug as CRITICAL - HIGHEST because of a minor alignment issue
-- and this is pretty common. I think we should start discussing if it's
time to close off certain things in FDO to regular users and start talking
about who gets permissions to do these. My suggestion is upon request a
user gets permissions, most users won't take this step just to up the
priority of their own bug and it won't be harmful to have 10's or 100's of
users with permissions to prioritize/triage/etc....If a user takes the time
to say "hey, I'd like permissions on FDO", they are probably at least 50/50
likely to prioritize right.

Best Regards,
Joel