.: officecfg/registry sd/source

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 02:22:07 PDT 2012

On 09/18/2012 09:01 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 18/09/12 20:46, Libreoffice Gerrit user wrote:
>>   officecfg/registry/cppheader.xsl      |   18 +++++++++---------
>>   officecfg/registry/files.mk           |    3 ++-
>>   sd/source/ui/remotecontrol/Server.cxx |    6 ++++--
>>   3 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
>>
>> New commits:
>> commit ee5403b98bf0e89693a14f7a1ae5658d9e5eb730
>> Author: Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com>
>> Date:   Tue Sep 18 20:41:56 2012 +0200
>>
>>      officecfg: generate header for Impress-sdremote, handle "-" in xcs name
>
> this was an urgent change to fix a non-building master, to handle the
> newly introduced "Office/Impress-sdremote.xcs"; but i wonder, is it
> perhaps intentional that schema files aren't allowed to have "-" in
> their names, considering that there are a bunch of .xcu files with names
> like Foo-bar.xcu where a Foo.xcs exists; should the
> Office/Impress-sdremote.xcs simply be renamed instead, and the xslt
> change reverted?

(a)  Existing Foo-bar.xcu with a hyphus in their name are generally "xcu
particles" that contain parts of a source .xcu for a specific
install:module="..." (e.g.,
solver/*/xml/registry/spool/org/openoffice/Setup-base.xcu contains those
parts of officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu that are
covered by install:module="base").  Those files are never inputs for the
cppheader.xsl mechanism.

(b)  To keep things simple, there is an implicit requirement that
identifiers used in officecfg/regsitry/ .xcs/.xcu files are also valid
as identifiers in the corresponding C++ header files generated by the
cppheader.xsl mechanism.  (For example, those identifiers must not
contain characters like hyphus that are invalid for forming C++
identifiers, but they must also not match C++ keywords or reserved
identifiers.)  This implicit requirement is checked somewhat via
officecfg/CppunitTest_officecfg_cppheader_test.mk, but completely new
.xcs/.xcu files unfortunately need to be added to
officecfg/qa/cppheader.cxx manually for that to work.

So, my preferred solution would be to rename "Impress-sdremote" to
something matching existing naming conventions/requirements (or fold it
back into Impress.xcs and use the install:module mechanism?).
Afterwards, it would probably be best to revert the xslt changes again,
to keep things simple.

Stephan