Dialogs - Why so Inconsistent

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:10:04 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I'm browsing through the code for a few dialogs and I'm seeing a ridiculous
amount of inconsistencies, the programming styles are just so different
that it makes it hard to efficiently work on them. A couple that can be
seen:

optgdlg (cui)
optload (sw)
optdlg (sw)
optjava (cui)

Even simple things like position are handled different, some define columns
as COL and then use those in the src file while others directly put in
positions (X,Y).

My questions are:

1. Is this okay?
2. Is this efficient?
3. Out of the dialogs, which has the "best methodology" and then maybe I'l
slowly start cleaning the others to be similar to the "best" one

Best Regards,
Joel