LO build can not find external dependencies

Henrik /KaarPoSoft henrik at kaarposoft.dk
Thu Sep 20 04:12:43 PDT 2012

On 09/20/12 12:13, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 10:35 +0200, Henrik /KaarPoSoft wrote:
>> /home/kaarpux/KX_OO/kaarpux/linux/build/opt/libreoffice-core-3.6.2.1/solver/unxlngi6.pro/bin/cppunit/cppunittester:
>> error while loading shared libraries: libcppunit-1.12.so.1: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
> 	Ok.

>> Even though the shared library IS present under /opt/lib, and the
>> symlinks are not broken.
>> Workaround: --without-system-cppunit
> 	So - is /opt/lib in your system linker path ? ie. in /etc/ld.so.conf -
> it's an unusual place to have in there ;-) and have you run
> sudo /sbin/ldconfig to re-build whatever caches there are there ?
No, it is not. This is by design: I only want stuff from / and /usr in
the system linker path, to minimize the risk that root, daemons, etc.
pulls anything from /opt.
But I have the following in profile.d for the build user:
     export PATH="$PATH:/opt/sbin:/opt/bin"
     export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/local/lib:/lib:/opt/lib"
     export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/lib/pkgconfig"
And I have not experienced any problems with using LD_LIBRARY_PATH before.
KaarPux: http://kaarpux.kaarposoft.dk/