[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Sep 20 11:48:56 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 18:19 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 04:24:09PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > * Present:
> > 	+ propose new Difficulty: DifficultyHard
>
> Eek, multiple questions on that:
> - What would be the difference to "DifficultyInteresting" in hard
> and objective terms?

	Why does it have to have hard and objective terms ? Most reasonable
people can make a distinction between a beginner problem: ie. something
almost anyone can pickup and do as their very first commit ever, from
something that requires a little experience, from something that takes a
week of work [eg.] :-)

> - How do we make sure we would all judge the EasyHack the same way as either
>   "DifficultyBeginner", "DifficultyInteresting" and "DifficultyHard"?

	Is it the end of the world if we cannot ? :-)

> If we cant sufficiently safely make the second answer a "yes" without
> generating a huge wikipage describing the process of judging an EasyHack in an
> objective manner, the finegrained classification is worthless as it will be
> inconsistent.

	A rough measure of Severity / Importance is not intrinsically useless
in my view for it's rough-ness. Not all ladders should have only two
rungs ;-) We could add a rough guideline (like the above) in a paragraph
to the wiki page easily enough if even that is needed.

>  If we need a huge wikipage, a/ we have already lost b/ we have
> hours of bikeshedding on that in front of us.

	How about avoiding the bikeshedding altogether & just restoring the
original(?) three-way categorisation of difficulty :-)

> > AI:	+ add/adapt the wiki page / generation scripts (Bjoern)
>
> Rejecting, and invoking "you touch it, you own it" on Michael. ;)

	So - how does that magic bugzilla <-> wiki page generation thing work ?
is that documented somewhere ? I'm happy to do it if you hand-hold me -
though there is a risk that that takes longer.

	ATB,

		Michael.