LO build can not find external dependencies

Henrik /KaarPoSoft henrik at kaarposoft.dk
Thu Sep 20 23:42:23 PDT 2012

On 09/20/12 13:19, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 20/09/12 13:12, Henrik /KaarPoSoft wrote:
>>> apparently the new build system overwrites this always, guess nobody
>>> ever needed to set this from the outside; you could try to edit various
>>> occurrences in solenv/gbuild to prepend the values if it is already defined.
>> *Do you have any suggestions as to which files to look into/edit?*
>>
>> I do not have much experience with the LO codebase, and a grep for
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH returns almost 1000 files...
> look in solenv/gbuild, only 11 hits there; one of which to set
> gb_Helper_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR , which is used here:
>
> solenv/gbuild/platform/com_GCC_defs.mk:gb_Helper_set_ld_path :=
> $(gb_Helper_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR)="$(OUTDIR_FOR_BUILD)/lib"

BINGO!

In
solenv/gbuild/platform/com_GCC_defs.mk
I changed
gb_Helper_set_ld_path :=
$(gb_Helper_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR)="$(OUTDIR_FOR_BUILD)/lib"
gb_Helper_set_ld_path :=
$(gb_Helper_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR)="/opt/lib/:$(OUTDIR_FOR_BUILD)/lib"
and now my build continues much further!

Thanks a million for your help; it is most appreciated.

(Guess it would be nice if someone would put a general solution to this
into the codetree, maybe using a LD_LIBRARY_PATH_PREFIX= var in
configure or similar).

/Henrik