[REVIEW 3-6] n#707779: Fix overflowing of left margin value in editeng when negative

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Sep 25 00:38:13 PDT 2012

Hi Thorsten,

Can you please review and push

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=d953cc27fc5da5e612b1dc4c29707c09d17fc643

to libreoffice-3-6 for me? :-)

Please see the attached document and the instructions inside.  It seems
that some stop-gap checks here and there are applied to prevent the
disappearing text (eg. I did not find a way how to save this document so
that it does not reset the properties so that the misbehavior shows
after save again), but there seem to be buggy documents still around
that can trigger this easily.

The problem itself is simple - using sal_uInt16 for measures is stupid,
more so if they can be negative in principle; so in this case we are
underflowing/overflowing easily, which then later leads to skipping
drawing of entire lines (as they seem to start far behind the clipping
area).  I'd love to change this nStartPosX to at least int, but then
again, who knows what else depends on this, so this is the minimal
version I'd like to get to 3-6.

Thank you,
Kendy