getting started

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 07:09:03 PDT 2012

On 25/09/12 14:54, Jorge Luis Roque Alvarez wrote:
> Hello iam having some troubles to get started, iam currently using ubuntu 12.04.1 and i install libreoffice-dev package to start development when i try to run an example of java i get lots of errors like this
>
> i think the problems is that it could not find the proper libraries could anybody help me with this
> do i need to install anything else?
> do i need some specific library?

hi Jorge,

as Stephan wrote earlier, it's likely a Ubuntu specific breakage in the
SDK package (libreoffice-dev) that they provide.  please try it with a
LO downloaded from libreoffice.org or built from source following the
description [1] and report back.  if you want to develop LO itself (as
opposed to an extension) you will need to build LO from source anyway.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build

regards,
 michael