[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: 5 commits - Library_merged.mk sal/osl sfx2/source solenv/gbuild vcl/unx

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 07:45:44 PDT 2013

On 02/04/13 16:07, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 08:34:05AM -0700, Peter Foley <pefoley2 at verizon.net> wrote:
>> -        SAL_INFO_IF(
>> +        SAL_WARN_IF(
>>              pLib == 0, "sal.osl",
>>              "dlopen(" << pModuleName << ", " << rtld_mode << "): "
>>                  << dlerror());
>
> Uhm, is this really necessary? If you want to work on Library_merged,
> set the SAL_LOG env var as necessary. With this change, now I get these
> warnings during _every_ startup:
>
> warn:sal.osl:29154:1:sal/osl/unx/module.cxx:166: dlopen(/home/vmiklos/git/libreoffice/master/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/libvclplug_kde4lo.so, 1): /home/vmiklos/git/libreoffice/master/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/libvclplug_kde4lo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> warn:sal.osl:29154:1:sal/osl/unx/module.cxx:166: dlopen(/home/vmiklos/git/libreoffice/master/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/libvclplug_kdelo.so, 1): /home/vmiklos/git/libreoffice/master/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/libvclplug_kdelo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

we define variables to tell which vcl-plugs are built.  why then do we
try to load vcl-plugs that are not even built?  that's rather pointless.

> Yes, it's fine that VCL tries to load the libvclplug_kdelo.so, as I'm on
> KDE, and no, my build does not explicitly enable KDE support, so it's
> expected that the dlopen will fail.
>
> IOW I would like to revert this change, or at least please make it a
> warning only in case that merged library thing is enabled at
> configure-time.

actually i prefer to get a warning when loading a library fails, having
debugged too many embarassing problems when libraries were renamed or
omitted from instsets.