[Libreoffice-qa] [Moztrap] Some questions to the test cases, particularly #130

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Tue Apr 2 09:02:52 PDT 2013

Hello Yifan, *,
On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 06:04:15PM +0800, Yifan Jiang wrote:
>     Sorry to interrupt, just to confirm, were you aware of some
>     changes to the menu item File->Template (it seemed gone since
>     4.x)?

I have not installed an 3.x version, so I am not able to check it there,
sorry ... :(

>     The background is we were talking about vp.6 in a regression test case:
>
>     http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/cases/?&pagenumber=1&pagesize=20&sortfield=created_on&sortdirection=desc&filter-id=130
>
>     And if we ever removed the menu, we will update the test
>     case as well. Thanks for your confirmative information:)

And maybe other sites/documentation as well ... :(

> Hi Thomas,
>
>     Thanks for the thorough review of the testing :) Yes, I found the
>     submenu seems gone on my 4.x build as well. The case may need update
>     since it was written based on the 3.6.x build.

O.K.

>     Referring to your question, "vp" means "verify point", vp.1
>     appended to a step indicates the "expected result" will start with
>     numbering 1, eg.:

Ah, O.K. Thanks for your explanation :)

>     In English // steps
>
>         Launch LibreOffice main program (vp. 1)
>         Click on the "File" menu (vp. 2 vp. 3)
>
>     In English // expected result
>
>         1. The welcome window should be appeared

That is a different point, I nearly forgot ... :( IIRC the welcome
window only appears, when no LO was installed before, or am I wrong ;?
Thanks for your answer (and forwarding this mail to the dev ML as well
Thomas.
<Rest snipped>

--
A diplomatic husband said to his wife, "How do you expect me to remember
your birthday when you never look any older?"