Help for widget UI conversion for DialControl class

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 03:54:43 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 23:34 -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I need help on how to fix the patch I sumbitted to get the Calc cell
> alignment tab page to work. My WIP patch is
>
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/2773/
>
> So far I have all widgets displayed except the dial control. I need to
> have it shown so that I can finish it and proceed to more code housekeeping.

This is resolved now. The custom widget wasn't able to handle resizing
(a common problem seeing as it wasn't an issue in fixed size dialogs) so
I tweaked it to understand that it could be resized and to use the
current size and not the initial size for the area to draw into.

> One question I have is: What WB_ bits (VCL's winbits) should I pass to
> the DialControl ctor (BTW where is WB_ bits documented, other than
> wintypes.hxx?)

I don't think they are particularly documented, the interesting ones are
WB_BORDER to put a border around a widget and WB_TABSTOP to state that
the widget is a target for accepging keyboard focus on tabbing through
widgets. The others are generally fairly self-explanatory, e.g.
right/left/center alignment and so forth.

C.