Build LibreOffice on Mac OS X

foss at psi-si.com foss at psi-si.com
Sun Apr 7 15:58:28 PDT 2013

Hi,

After weeks of heavy load, I take an after midnight time to progress.

> > Install macports
>
> This will most likely cause problems. Stay far away from macports when
> working with LibreOffice please. (I.e. you can have it, but make sure
> it doesn't pollute your environment through PATH or otherwise.)

Clean uninstall done.

> The only 3rd-party software you will need when building with a current
> Xcode is automake and autoconf. Just build them from source and
> install in a fresh prefix, and add the "bin" of that to PATH before
> autogenning LibreOffice.

Now build and installed directly from latest tarballs.

> > sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell
> > cpan[1]> install Archive::Zip
> > cpan[1]> quit
>
> Hmm, I don't recall if that really is necessary, maybe it is?

I got errors. It fixed it :)

> > CC=clang -m32
> > CXX=clang++ -m32
>
> The compiler(s) will be found automatically, setting CC and CXX
> manually might cause problems.

OK, I will change this point too.

> > /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Headers/NSPersistentStoreRequest.h:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Headers/NSPersistentStoreRequest.h18::181::In
> file included from 1 :/Users/raphael/Desktop/git/libo/extensions/source/macosx/spotlight/OOoMetaDataParser.m
> :28
> > error: :
> > error: In file included from /Users/raphael/Desktop/git/libo/extensions/source/macosx/spotlight/OOoMetaDataParser.hduplicate
> interface definition for class 'NSObject':duplicate interface definition for class
> 'NSObject'20
>
> No idea whether that problem indeed can be caused by macport
> interfering, or setting CC/CXX manually. But at least try not doing
> that...

I am starting from a fresh git pull.
Wish me luck !

Michael, Tor, thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
   Raphaël