moving global headers into one top-level location

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Apr 10 06:40:29 PDT 2013

Hi Eike,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 03:05:50PM +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
> It's not only Writer, Calc and Draw do the same with some headers, and
> it serves a purpose, for example core or filters are not supposed to
> access anything UI or view specific.

That is right ... and wrong. The separation e.g. between libsw and libswui is a
Good Thing(tm). Doing so with a half-complete new concept below the module is
wrong, and was likely only done because modules had some magic meaning in the
old CWS/CVS voodoo making it a pain to work across them.

If swui is a proper lib on top of sw, it should either:
- be a toplevel module on its own
- our we should introduce "submodules" properly, in with case we could clean up
  the huge messy flat toplevel and instead have only some ~ten top level dirs,
  like external/ ure/ core/ writer/ calc/ draw/ base/ extensions/ ...

Note that gbuild should still fully support having a (sub-)module in a module.

Best,

Bjoern