[Cygwin] [Master] failure when compiling liblangtag

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 04:30:55 PDT 2013

On 11/04/13 00:29, Mat M wrote:
> Hello
>
> it was already like that yesterday, and to day too, with commit
> 7f101a29e12ce6ca
>
> After a failure of a "standard make", I did:
> make liblangtag.clean && make verbose=t liblangtag
> which told me
> cd D:/src/libo/liblangtag && /opt/lo/bin/make -j 4 -rsr clean
>
> And here is the end of the log
>
> ========== Build Information ==========
>   CFLAGS:                 -g
>   LDFLAGS:
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/cygdrive/d/src/libo/workdir/wntmsci13.pro/UnpackedTarball/langtag'
> /opt/lo/bin/make  all-recursive
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/cygdrive/d/src/libo/workdir/wntmsci13.pro/UnpackedTarball/langtag'
> Making all in liblangtag
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/cygdrive/d/src/libo/workdir/wntmsci13.pro/UnpackedTarball/langtag/liblangtag'
> /opt/lo/bin/make  all-recursive
> make[5]: Entering directory
> `/cygdrive/d/src/libo/workdir/wntmsci13.pro/UnpackedTarball/langtag/liblangtag'
> make[6]: Entering directory
> `/cygdrive/d/src/libo/workdir/wntmsci13.pro/UnpackedTarball/langtag/liblangtag'
>    CC     liblangtag_la-lt-database.lo
>    CC     liblangtag_la-lt-error.lo
>    CC     liblangtag_la-lt-ext-module.lo
>    CC     liblangtag_la-lt-ext-module-data.lo
> cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename
> cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename
> cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename
> cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename
> make[6]: *** [liblangtag_la-lt-ext-module.lo] Error 1

looks like the GCC wrapper that is used on windows is doing something
wrong...

please edit solenv/gcc-wrapper/wrapper.cxx around line 151 there is a
commented out printing of the arguments that are passed to cl.exe; i
hope you should be able to find out what is going wrong going backwards
from there.