minutes of the gerrit-tinderbox call

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Apr 15 06:55:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

here are the some notes of the tinderbox-gerrit-call.

attending: Norbert, Bjoern

* organizing builds beyond gerrit:
  - working on letting tb script service both gerrit buildbot and tinderboxing
    (Norbert)
    - tinderbox script should be as simple as possible, centralizing the logic
      helps enabling stuff like bisecting (Bjoern)
    - tinderbox should be "controllable" by the owner (Norbert)
    - if tinderboxes have too much freedom and fragility (in setup, config
      etc.) or too many similar boxes their notifications will be ignored --
      diminishing returns (Bjoern)
  - suggestion: priority queues to serve multiple approaches (Bjoern)
    (plain tinderboxing, bisecting, gerrit patch verification ...)
  - better have that on Jenkins, and gerrit patch verification one of the
    things serviced by it (Norbert)
    - that would mean the gerrit patch verification would be one of (possibly
      many) things serviced by the jenkins stuff
  => We need Jenkins for the logic and for Jenkins we need the TDF-hostes boxes
  - status on TDF-hosted boxes?
    - budget is there, but we need a hoster -- everything is blocking on that
      (Norbert)

* on the gerrit buildbot implementation:
  - most needed feature: persistance (Norbert)
  - discussion of use of threading and project branches punted, needs David in
    the call

Best,

Bjoern